Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: No idea
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:17 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
I just want some advice why do I have to pay to sign up to post I'm lost? Thought this was a forum to share and advice etc

Post subject: Re: No idea
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:15 pm 
Non Member

, just signed up to this place as got myself a 3mps. I was wondering what I would need to get the most out of a stage 3 BBR treatment as heard there the go to guys for Mazda performance. I'm booking it in for a stage 3 with them as soon as this covid thing has calmed down and would like to know what I'm looking at getting performance wise, what I would need to do before I get it done and Is it worth the money etc? If anyone could be of some help be much appreciated as I'm new to the MPS arena shall we say and I love the car so far so really want some input on what I'll be looking at and what's a must before I do. Thanks 
Ashley

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:22 pm 
Senior

Well done on getting 3 MPS. They are great cars.

You don't have to pay to sign up and post & chat.

You do have to pay to see some of the threads, like the really useful ones. Payment is, I think £20 a year, so even with these super cheap fuel prices it is still less than the cost of half a tank of fuel. The money goes towards the costs of running the forum. If you are paid up you don't see ads either.

Before booking in with BBR, do some reading on here, as there are a few who have had bad experiences. They are great with MX5's, but possibly not so great with the MPS engine.

Most people buy either Versatune software or a Cobb tuner and then the tuning can be done remotely.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:01 pm 
RM BIK

Vehicle: other
Bhp: 430
lbf·ft: 395
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
I wouldn't even consider BBR for the MPS.
They've cost so many people a hell of a lot of money with poorly fitted parts, wrong parts and also poor tunes, especially with anything with a decatted downpipe and/or bigger turbo.

The £20 opens up the doors to so much more info in the useful threads section.

100% Meth / Fully forged / ACT 6 Puc & lightweight flywheel / monlar rods / wiseco pistons / arp studs / Versatune / corksport FMIC / Garrett GTX3076 / Brock Injector seals / Autotechs / Dreadnought & Juggernaut / GT RARB / Speedline front lower struts / Speedline lateral struts / corksport front braces / corksport rear upper braces / CS side braces /H&R springs / Bilstein B8's / CS BBK / Rear EBC Yellowstuff / JBR 5mm spacers / JBR OCC / Forge V2 / AWR 80a REM / 3" DP / Jetex / 3.25" Sure intake / Sure BSD / SURE TIG / Butterfly delete / EGR blockoff / Hel brake lines / Xcarlink / kendo SSP & Bushes / Step colder NGK 0.6mm gap / Fog and Driving light HID's / MKii alloys
Build thread http://tinyurl.com/otzp6qw
Helpful threads http://tinyurl.com/kjykgbd
http://www.ThroughTheLensMedia.co.uk
AVOID TOTAL MPS http://www.mpsowners.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=20073

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:04 pm 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkII
Bhp: 315
Colour: Velocity Red Metallic
Welcome to the forum. I was the same about the £20 to unlock the forum, but all the help and knowledge is definitely worth it.

I have just gone down the route of Versatuner and it cost me £250 for the software and a cable off Ebay. The tuning process was very easy to use and I second what Dig dunc and Spam said, I haven't heard many good things about BBR for the MPS.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]