Forum rules

ONLY PAID UP MPSOC MEMBERS CAN POST ITEMS FOR SALE.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING ADVERT.

New topics may need authorising before they are seen on the forum this will be done asap by the MPSOC team.

Once a new topic is posted it will be locked and buyers should contact the seller by PM. ANY post made before the topic is locked will be deleted so please ensure you only send PM to seller with your intention to buy

Items offered for sale must be yours, no links to other people’s stuff on other forums or 'listing on behalf of a mate' etc.

Please post a full ad using the standard format below with a description of the item for sale.

If this format is not used then the thread will be deleted.

The ad must state a price that you'd be happy to accept for the item. A price with 'or offers' or something similar is fine, just asking for offers is not.

A picture must be included at the SAME TIME as placing the advert or it will be deleted.

Please state whether you are prepared to post or deliver the item, and whether the cost of delivery is included in the asking price. If it is a large item for collection only, then please state your location.

No eBay links - we have a section for items on ebay please use this.

No 'gauging interest' threads - the item is either for sale or it is not.

Once sold please PM a member of the MPSOC team to have the topic moved to the sold section, however all 'for sale' threads will be moved after 3 months (from original posting date) to the sold section so it is up to the seller to re-advertise if required.

Lastly, please be cautious when purchasing items for sale advertised here or anywhere else. The use of this forum to advertise items for sale does not give or imply any guarantee by the forum, its administrators or moderators, as to the trustworthiness of the seller or the suitability of the item for its intended use. The forum is only a medium for advertisement; the forum, its administrators and moderators accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the advertisement of an item for sale or any subsequent transaction.

STANDARD FORMAT

Subject - Item For Sale

Description - Full description including (as a minimum), condition, how old, on or off vehicle, and what it does.

Price - Do NOT just say open for offers please state a price with ONO if you would like. Postage included, collection only or additional. If collection post location and distance you are happy to travel.(if applicable)

Photo - NOT a link to another website, please attach or use copy and paste from a photo site (like photobucket etc.)

Post subject: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS, 61,700 miles, Titanium Grey, £4750ono
 Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:29 pm 

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Due to personal circumstances, and after many months of 'yes no yes no', I have decided to officially sell the car!

I do enjoy owning this car, it's a pleasure to drive. A real good combination of good looks, performance and comfort. But needs must and all that!

I bought this car back in October 2013, it had 53k on the clock. So in my 18 month'ish of ownership I have only added 9k onto that.

-2006 (October) Mazda 6 MPS
-Titanium Grey Metallic
-61,700 miles...will go up as the car does get used!
-MOT April 2016
-Had 4 new tyres for the MOT (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 225/40 18)
- VVT done in February by the much used David Hastie (who described the engine as 'incredibly clean inside')
-2 working keys and fobs
-Bits of history...MOT's, services, receipts
-Other bits (not fitted): Eibach lowering springs, Spam short shift plate, AUX audio cable, OBD

If you are looking at this ad now, on this owners site, I guess you'll already know the original spec of the car, so I won't harp on about the full leather interior, BOSE sound system, 4WD, power and torque etc etc!!! Did I mention the fine balance between performance and comfort?!

To me, overall, the car is in 'very good condition'. Keeping in mind it is now 8.5 years young!

The interior is pretty much spot on. 2 of the rear seat belt holsters have chew marks on (previous owner told me his dog did it!), all electrics work...windows, sunroof, mirrors, sound system, lights, heaters, seat adjustments, central locking, alarm, steering wheel controls etc. Seats are in very good condition. Carpets and original MPS matts are in very good condition.

The exterior is probably overall 'good' condition. There is a small crack in the rear bumper by the boot lid (there when I bought the car). The rear arches have the little patch of rust bubbles that seem to be quite common where the arch meets the rear bumper(something to do with the rear bumper rubbing?). I noticed these just after I bought the car and they don't seem to have got any worse. There is a small 'ding' on the offside rear door, probably from some twat opening their door onto mine. The front alloys, more so the offside alloy, have some kerbing and peeling.

Other points of note:

Air Conditioning: I know these cars suffer when it comes to air con. I realised last year that mine didn't work. One pipe seems to be leaking and the air con condenser has probably had it. I looked into this and it seems common for the condenser unit to get damaged due to its position. I decided not to get it replaced. Good or bad decision? Well, I don't miss it. The normal fans/heaters do the job for me.

Notes from recent MOT: Steering system has slight freeplay detected at steering wheel, nearside rear front suspension ball joint dust cover damaged but preventing the ingress of dirt, rear exhaust has minor leak of exhaust gases (garage did a small weld on this for the MOT)

That's it. I think I have been as honest as I can be about this car! If you want anymore pictures, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I am not in much rush to sell, and have noticed these cars seem to be climbing in value (which makes me hesitate to sell actually!), but I am open to offers.

£4,750 ono.

(Millom, Cumbria)

Last edited by Newty on Sun May 17, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]