Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: New to the group and am now on my 2nd MPS lol(worth reading)
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:16 am 
Non Member

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Hi guys and girls, registered on the forum some time last year but have only properly started using it now i guess. Bought my first mk1 3 mps in July of last year reg: FL07MPS- black which was great fun, quick and absolutely addictive on boost. Only had some light modifications like a sure intake kit, gfb bov, short shift plate and stainless steel back box on stock map. As fun as this car was it was unfortunately short lived and blew the engine earlier this year in February when i was err.. lets just say i was trying to use ALL of the speedometer lol and had it held on full boost for abit too long which is when the zoom zoom boom occurred :icon_cry: :(. I salvaged what I could off the car as I embarrassingly waited for recovery in a service station. Skipping forward to may this year I am now the proud owner of my second mk1 3 mps which lets just say is quite abit more powerful. I believe the new car reg: LD58MHL - cosmic blue (I think) belonged to previous owner K.Mansell who may or may not be on here. The car has all the usual goodies like a bnrs3 turbo, hpfp, sure intake kit, sure BOV, front mount intercooler (unsure which brand), full turbo back de-cat system, prosport dash gauges :crazy: and versatune etc (i'm sure ive missed a few bits) and mapped by non other than Justin Heath so its safe to say i'm a happy boy. On the dyno print out it made a healthy 377hp and 409lbt at the engine meaning plenty of smiles per miles. Car also went to Japfest 2016 when the top gear trio were out where it apparently pulled away from the rest of the competition (not my own words lol) along with justin heaths own car . Just thought I'd share my ordeal with you lot which did have a happy ending (kind of) lol. Will attempt to put some pictures up soonish. :) if anyone knows anything else about the new car or if someone on here owned it before me and has anymore information I'd love to hear it ! thanks guys

Post subject: Re: New to the group and am now on my 2nd MPS lol(worth reading)
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:33 pm 
Global Moderator

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 549
lbf·ft: 449
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Good to hear that it is still going strong! :icon_mrgreen:

2010 MPS3 Mk2 Forged / Sleeved Engine, CS Cams and Crower Valve Springs, BNR S4 Turbo, HTP 3.5" Intake, HPFP Internals, 2050psi Fuel Rail Relief Valve, JMF Intake Manifold, DNP Exhaust Manifold, Dual OCC Setup, Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust, Airtec FMIC, Port Methanol Injection ..... Tuning in progress with a goal of 480-500bhp :-)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]