Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Hi from a newbie
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 pm 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Bhp: 256
lbf·ft: 280
Colour: Sunlight Silver Metallic
Hi everyone

Have been lurking for a little while now having a little look around but finally getting round to saying hello (and having a decent picture!).

Proud owner of an 09 Mk1 3 MPS and loving it :D currently completely stock but am definitely looking to modify in time when funds allow, both internally and externally. Any recommendations of where to start with power improvements? Would HPFP and a remap be a good and safe way to get things going?

Here she is at the moment:

Post subject: Re: Hi from a newbie
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 pm 
Global Moderator

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 549
lbf·ft: 449
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Nice car..... You can have a mild remap without the need for hpfp internals if done correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2010 MPS3 Mk2 Forged / Sleeved Engine, CS Cams and Crower Valve Springs, BNR S4 Turbo, HTP 3.5" Intake, HPFP Internals, 2050psi Fuel Rail Relief Valve, JMF Intake Manifold, DNP Exhaust Manifold, Dual OCC Setup, Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust, Airtec FMIC, Port Methanol Injection ..... Tuning in progress with a goal of 480-500bhp :-)

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:46 am 

Thanks. What sort of numbers are achieved with "mild" as opposed to after having the HPFP internals done? I will want to get them done anyway, hopefully sooner rather than later

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:09 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS3 mkII
Bhp: 395
lbf·ft: 385
Colour: Crystal White Pearl
Welcome m8. The man above is the man to tune u.... [WINKING FACE] versatuner or cobb AP (so u can be tuned the correct and safest way), hpfp and a tune from DJJUT and you'll be on your way.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hybrid BNR4 Turbo, grimspeed 3 port, 3 bar map sensor, EGR delete, Vibra REM, 2nd Decat, Res Delete, Autotech HPFP, Cobb V3, HDI FMIC, Cobb Shift Weight, Shifter Bushings, Ksport 356mm BBK with Yellow stuff pads, Rear Stoptech pads, short shift plate, 3.5 HTP intake, Carbon scoop, Hardrace drop links, Whiteline RARB, whiteline front lower strut, Heko wind deflectors, Perm plate, damond twin OCC, Hel brake lines, typ200 fluid, GFB recirc valve, catless DP, Small battery and tray, AEM PI meth kit with DO failsafe, JMF intake manifold, V3 Exhaust manifold, JR3 Alloys, BC coilovers, Forged Manley rods and 88mm Pistons, race big end bearings, Keyed and polished crank, Southbend stage 3 endurance clutch + Flywheel, Stratified guardian angel, WOTbox, EONON head unit, Engine dress kit, CS exhaust mani cover, JTuned FTW

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:10 pm 
Global Moderator

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 549
lbf·ft: 449
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
There is only a 10bhp difference in peak power between having hpfp internals and not having hpfp internals I would say but with them you can achieve more torque in the midrange as you can run a little more boost safely. I would say 285-290bhp would be your mild tune.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2010 MPS3 Mk2 Forged / Sleeved Engine, CS Cams and Crower Valve Springs, BNR S4 Turbo, HTP 3.5" Intake, HPFP Internals, 2050psi Fuel Rail Relief Valve, JMF Intake Manifold, DNP Exhaust Manifold, Dual OCC Setup, Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust, Airtec FMIC, Port Methanol Injection ..... Tuning in progress with a goal of 480-500bhp :-)

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am 

Ivegotaveyron wrote:
Welcome m8. The man above is the man to tune u.... [WINKING FACE] versatuner or cobb AP (so u can be tuned the correct and safest way), hpfp and a tune from DJJUT and you'll be on your way.

Thanks, from the bit of research I've done on here I figured that's the correct way to go!

DJJUT wrote:
There is only a 10bhp difference in peak power between having hpfp internals and not having hpfp internals I would say but with them you can achieve more torque in the midrange as you can run a little more boost safely. I would say 285-290bhp would be your mild tune.

Ah cool that's fair enough, I think I would rather air on the safe side to begin with! I'm happy to aim for those figures short term, but would like ~320+ eventually with a little more modding as well.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]