Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: I finally got my baby.
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 pm 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkII
Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Hey all!

Just this last Friday, I've made the best purchase of my life.. my '10 plate Mazda 3 MPS Mazdaspeed. In an amazing dark gray finish.

Previously, I had the Mazda 3 2.0 Sport. Unfortunately (kind of!) Friday before the one just gone, a deer decided to play tag with it, writing it off in the process. Although I was livid that it had killed my car, I found new hope in what has now become the happiest day of my life!

Purchased the car in Manchester, and drove it back home through Snakes Pass in the Peak District (Would HIGHLY recommend this road for a bit of fun, especially if you have a bit of a gap in front of you!), and it was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Turned so many peoples heads, already has some great modifications to it; Custom back box, cork sport air intake, high pressure fuel pump, induction kits, and a cobb accessport with a stage 1 remap.

This is only the beginning, in the coming year or so, I'll be more than likely mounting a Front mount intercooler, removing the cats, more than likely uprate the brake discs + pads, new set of alloys or refurbed (as they've got some stone chips/curb mounting, and they already look great), carbon fiber hood scoop (an extra 1" raise), a new turbo eventually and probably a couple of other parts, that I'm too excited to think of..

Currently running roughly 300hp, looking to push it to around 400 in the coming 1/2 years.

Pictures of it to come when I get a chance to get a good place to take some!

Thanks for listening to me waffle on, just extremely excited to be part of this community officially now!

Thanks!

Nick.

Post subject: Re: I finally got my baby.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:27 am 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 256
lbf·ft: 280
Colour: Black Mica
Welcome to the club!

Used to do snake pass years ago on the motorbike, you do need to be careful up there for a number of different reasons but it's a fantastic road nontheless!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 am 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS6
How far did you have to travel to get your Baby? Is it a mk1 or mk2? Was it owned by a MPSOC Member?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 am 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS2
Bhp: 115
lbf·ft: 106
Colour: Cosmic Blue Mica
Hi and Welcome.

Glad you are enjoying the MPS, I live a 10-15 minute drive from the A57 and Woodhead, great roads and my old mkii was non too shabby on them :).

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:18 pm 

Machine wrote:
Welcome to the club!

Used to do snake pass years ago on the motorbike, you do need to be careful up there for a number of different reasons but it's a fantastic road nontheless!

Yeah, so I've heard! Goats and all sorts haha.. It is a fantastic road, such great views and a fun drive. There's a pub on a corner which had around 50 people at least outside as it was really nice out, slowed down and dropped it into second and gave it the beans. People were impressed, I think haha!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 pm 

foxy wrote:
How far did you have to travel to get your Baby? Is it a mk1 or mk2? Was it owned by a MPSOC Member?

I had to travel around 150 miles to get it. Mk2 Mazdaspeed. Personalised plate "MP51 BYE" previous owners name is Mark, and there was one owner before him, called Mike Wyatt!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm 

BanzaiMike wrote:
Hi and Welcome.

Glad you are enjoying the MPS, I live a 10-15 minute drive from the A57 and Woodhead, great roads and my old mkii was non too shabby on them :).

Thanks! Very nice, I bet you get out there quite often then? I live near Peterborough, so quite a drive, but will definitely do it a few times a year, I think! The revurb when you're next to the hillsides etc is amazing.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]