Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Just got my first MPS. Why have I ever driven other cars!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
:mpsoc: :hats:
Hello all,

Just got a 55 plate MPS 6, from a colleague in work. Only paid a grand so bargain, loadsa service history, went through MOT last week (just needed 4 tyres) so all good. I am based in Lancashire, and want to do a few bits to make her like new!

1. Cam chain is a little noisy. Been told by a couple of garages this is normal, but the last Cam chain car I owned was as 535 BMW and it didn’t sound like this. Any ideas how I check, and more so who can swap one out? Been quoted a grand from local garage but that just seems expensive to me?

2. Wheels refurbed. Powder coating preferable. Again, any contacts in the north west appreciated.

3. Exhaust system. Back boxes are corroded to say the least and I think developed a slight blow since MOT. Any info to go to get a stainless system appreciated.

Thanks all, will post some piccies soon, but would like to get jobs done first!

Regards - EyeZyer :mosh:

Post subject: Re: Just got my first MPS. Why have I ever driven other cars!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:05 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS6
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Welcome along.You have come to the right place.

Is there any record of a replacement vvti actuator and chain replacement job in the paperwork. If not and the mileage is high then you almost need that work doing asap. In the NW, there is a garage in Warrington that is very familiar with what is wanted. There is a kit. Can't remember the name but they are close to the M6. Someone on this forum will come up with the name.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:03 am 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Bhp: 400
Colour: Black Mica
Anything mps related parts wise I'd recommend VIP motorsport (approx 7 minutes from Cheshire oaks)

They'll do your exhaust systems I'd guess etc (supply only). They also supply timing chain kits then just find a suitable garage to do it.
There aren't many garages willing to touch the MPS's or some of the ones that are willing dont have much knowledge them.
But cjperformance would be a good garage for the timing chain replacement (although in mansfield, someone who knows the job and its guaranteed to be done properly for peace of mind).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:19 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS6
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
foxy wrote:
Welcome along.You have come to the right place.

Is there any record of a replacement vvti actuator and chain replacement job in the paperwork. If not and the mileage is high then you almost need that work doing asap. In the NW, there is a garage in Warrington that is very familiar with what is wanted. There is a kit. Can't remember the name but they are close to the M6. Someone on this forum will come up with the name.

Tuning Developments (Warrington) have supplied and fitted the kit for sensible money. Far cheaper than Mazda main dealers.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:19 am 
Non Member

Thanks for the responses guys and apologies for the delay. Twist of fate meant I have worked out of the country for a number of months, so haven’t even been near my car let alone driven it!!!

I will try Tuning Developments first then will try the Chesire Oaks place. Again, thank you for the responses :mpsoc:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]