Page 6 of 8 [ 109 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Cheerio after brief ownership
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 am 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 354
lbf·ft: 370
tranceporter wrote:
Higher VVT timing over 5250 does not help much since the turbo runs out of breath, Injector duty cycle goes over 80%, and the engine reduced the load to cope with the increased combustion temps. This results in lowered WDGC as well. So on a stock turbo you cannot pull more than x g/s unless u fix the injector suty cycle to go 100%. My VVT tables are the same as Justin's. Another funny thing I have noticed is that Tesco Momentum makes my car less "laggy" in lower rpm's but induces significantly more KR around 4000 - 6000 rpm's. I think its probably due to higher ethanol content used to just bump the octane rating from 95 to 99. Sheel V power makes the car a bit lumpy in the lower revs, but has significantly less KR in the higher rpm's.

Can you really go above 80% IDC on stock turbo? Not sure but I don’t think it flows enough
That’s why all big turbo guys are using versatuner 1.6.2 where you have additional table to increase IDC without load drop

Self-tuned with Image| Lenso D1R & Avon ZZ3 | CS TMIC | DO STG1 Meth Inj | HTP TIP | Forge BPV V2 | M2 Catless DP | ReWorked K04 hybrid | 3Bar Map sensor |MSCAI as SRI | NGK LTR7IX | CBE | KMD V2.1 HPFP internals | FCM delete | disabled VTCS | JBR SSP STG2 | JBR Spherical knob | JBR EGR delete | SURE TorqR6 RMM | SURE Element Shield | TurbineTech Diff mount | 6000K HID Fogs&White LEDs | Boost gauge | DashHawkV2.51 | sport AERO rear bumper | C-MOD grill | MTEC slotted rotors | EBC Yellowstuff | Throttle coolant bypass | STI 06 lip |

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 am 
MPSOC Member

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
That is a very valid comment. If I am not wrong, the injector duty cycle ramps up as you ramp up the load. If we are not going over 2.0 load on a stock turbo, the injector duty cycle might not go over 80% :) Completely forgot about that, thanks for pointing that out!
As a side note though, if we upgrade from top mount to a Corksport FMIC with RamAir, it seems that the stock turbo can indeed flow a lot more air. I think in those specific cases, the turbo will probably go over 80% IDC. In Justin'a case, he was flowing a hell lot more air than he did with stock intercooler on a stock turbo.

Last edited by tranceporter on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:41 am 
Global Moderator

Bhp: 549
lbf·ft: 449
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
tranceporter wrote:
In Justin'a case, he was flowing a hell lot more air than her did with stock intercooler on a stock turbo.

Her is a He..... fact. :lol: I was not having any problems with IDC with the K04 even flowing 330g/s @18.5psi! I flow max 373g/s @21psi now with the BNR Stage 2..... still with no problems regarding IDC. :thumbs:

2010 MPS3 Mk2 Forged / Sleeved Engine, CS Cams and Crower Valve Springs, BNR S4 Turbo, HTP 3.5" Intake, HPFP Internals, 2050psi Fuel Rail Relief Valve, JMF Intake Manifold, DNP Exhaust Manifold, Dual OCC Setup, Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust, Airtec FMIC, Port Methanol Injection ..... Tuning in progress with a goal of 480-500bhp :-)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 am 
MPSOC Member

lol@ her. its fixed now :D
Thanks for the info. Do you hit more than 21 psi in the midrange rpm's or its 21 psi throughout? what loads are you hitting?

Phil, sorry to hijack you thread mate. We can move this convo to another place if you want.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:56 pm 
Global Moderator

i am stuck at 2.5 loads across the board as I am limited by the stock MAP sensor hence the 21psi boundary at the moment. The 21psi holds from about 3100 to 6000rpm then tapers to 18psi to redline. I will hopefully fit the 3bar MAP this weekend then boost can be increased to 24/25psi : eek2 :

2010 MPS3 Mk2 Forged / Sleeved Engine, CS Cams and Crower Valve Springs, BNR S4 Turbo, HTP 3.5" Intake, HPFP Internals, 2050psi Fuel Rail Relief Valve, JMF Intake Manifold, DNP Exhaust Manifold, Dual OCC Setup, Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust, Airtec FMIC, Port Methanol Injection ..... Tuning in progress with a goal of 480-500bhp :-)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:03 pm 
MPSOC Member

every time you tell me those figures I wish I had gone for ramair :mad:
I am hitting 2.5 load at 25psi in the midrange and tapering to 2.1 at redline..lol

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:16 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: other
i run 2.14 max load and 301g/s max air flow at 21psi. Justin runs 2.5load AND 373g/s. I wanna know what power you are running now,must be BIG. get your arse on a dyno before the map sensor gets fitted and you up the boost. do you have an uprated manifold as well? i am just waiting on manifold from Gunther before i can get map sensor fitted and up the boost on mine

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
Senior

JSW1970 wrote:
i run 2.14 max load and 301g/s max air flow at 21psi. Justin runs 2.5load AND 373g/s. I want to know what power you are running now,must be BIG. get your arse on a dyno before the map sensor gets fitted and you up the boost. do you have an uprated manifold as well? i am just waiting on manifold from Gunther before i can get map sensor fitted and up the boost on mine

2.14??? i'm running 2.15 at thats on stock downpipe. my g/s and boost are similar to yours. i would expect more from your setup! Justin you dont really need 3bar map sensor, if you are on load based tune just set your fuel cut limits to 260 and up your load. it wont read boost above 255 but will follow your load targets

Self-tuned with Image| Lenso D1R & Avon ZZ3 | CS TMIC | DO STG1 Meth Inj | HTP TIP | Forge BPV V2 | M2 Catless DP | ReWorked K04 hybrid | 3Bar Map sensor |MSCAI as SRI | NGK LTR7IX | CBE | KMD V2.1 HPFP internals | FCM delete | disabled VTCS | JBR SSP STG2 | JBR Spherical knob | JBR EGR delete | SURE TorqR6 RMM | SURE Element Shield | TurbineTech Diff mount | 6000K HID Fogs&White LEDs | Boost gauge | DashHawkV2.51 | sport AERO rear bumper | C-MOD grill | MTEC slotted rotors | EBC Yellowstuff | Throttle coolant bypass | STI 06 lip |

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm 
Global Moderator

levl wrote:
JSW1970 wrote:
i run 2.14 max load and 301g/s max air flow at 21psi. Justin runs 2.5load AND 373g/s. I want to know what power you are running now,must be BIG. get your arse on a dyno before the map sensor gets fitted and you up the boost. do you have an uprated manifold as well? i am just waiting on manifold from Gunther before i can get map sensor fitted and up the boost on mine

2.14??? i'm running 2.15 at thats on stock downpipe. my g/s and boost are similar to yours. i would expect more from your setup! Justin you dont really need 3bar map sensor, if you are on load based tune just set your fuel cut limits to 260 and up your load. it wont read boost above 255 but will follow your load targets

My car makes a lot less on the dyno due to the Ramair system not being used as it should..... I will prove this at the meet by taking a 4th gear log on the road and then compare that to the one on the dyno...... I have a DNP Exhaust manifold btw...... Alex says I should be around the 350-375 awhp according to my road logs, lol.

Levi, cheers for that....... already know anyhow but want to do things right tbh. I have been tempted though and I do have a boost gauge to monitor but have managed to resist the urge!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:35 pm 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Bhp: 472
lbf·ft: 360
The 6 will need more load than the 3 due to its heavier weight and drivetrain losses. I hit 2.2 @~2800rpm, carry that out to 4.5k, then 2.1 tapering to 1.65 at 6500rpm, Boost peaks at ~21.5psi.
When I get the pg reworked ko4 I'm going to do as Levi has already said, set the map limits above 255 then use the load fuel cut limit to keep everything from ever going pop (I hope).

K1 Rods//Wiseco Pistons//CX Racing FMIC//JBR Widepath Intake//Custom 3" TBE//Grimmspeed EBCS//Forge BPV//JBR SSP//JBR RSB//JBR Side Mounts//JBR BSD and Baffle//Sure TIG Set//Sure R3 RMM//KMD Internals//XS Power Exhaust Manifold//P&P Intake Manifold//Fidanza Flywheel and Eagle Motorsports Organic Compound Clutch//GTX3071//DVC30 Meth Kit//3 Gauge Pod.....430 WHP SO FAR...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:40 pm 
Global Moderator

Just out of curiosity, what load limit value would you set as the fuel cut?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:50 pm 
Senior

DJJUT wrote:

That's a good qustion :confused:
I would probably start at something reasonably conservative not far above my load targets. As I raise the loads I'll maintain a gap maybe a couple of points above. It's going to be a bit of trial and error tbh. The major ball ache is we can't log boost with vt so I'll have to use the dashhawk to look at the boost profile easily.

K1 Rods//Wiseco Pistons//CX Racing FMIC//JBR Widepath Intake//Custom 3" TBE//Grimmspeed EBCS//Forge BPV//JBR SSP//JBR RSB//JBR Side Mounts//JBR BSD and Baffle//Sure TIG Set//Sure R3 RMM//KMD Internals//XS Power Exhaust Manifold//P&P Intake Manifold//Fidanza Flywheel and Eagle Motorsports Organic Compound Clutch//GTX3071//DVC30 Meth Kit//3 Gauge Pod.....430 WHP SO FAR...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm 
Senior

Skiptowncat wrote:
DJJUT wrote:

I would probably start at something reasonably conservative not far above my load targets. As I raise the loads I'll maintain a gap maybe a couple of points above. It's going to be a bit of trial and error tbh. The major ball ache is we can't log boost with vt so I'll have to use the dashhawk to look at the boost profile easily.

dashhawk uses stock map sensor signal so should use mechanical gauge instead...2.7 will be reasonable i think

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:10 pm 
Global Moderator

Lol, thats the problem...... I can hit 2.6 load with 22psi so running 24/25 psi will take me somewhere nice I guess. The urge for a little more power is hard to resist!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 pm 
Senior

levl wrote:
Skiptowncat wrote:
DJJUT wrote:

dashhawk uses stock map sensor signal so should use mechanical gauge instead...2.7 will be reasonable i think

Good shout, to be honest I'm not really doing it for balls out power. I just want to make the power a bit safer and shift the peak a bit further up the revs where The stock turbo dies. I have serios traction issues in the wet below 4k. Obviously a small bump in power will be nice.

Page 6 of 8 [ 109 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next