Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: NEW Mazda 3 MPS Owner
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:50 am 
Non Member

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Hello All,

I've recently bought an MPS (BL) and trying to make the car my own. I've recently had it serviced by Mazda.

It's been lowered by about 0.7mm, induction kit added, upgraded recirculating dump valve, new alloys and new exhaust from cat back all by the previous owner.

Had a few questions for you learned folk:

1. Rear engine mount, should I get one? Which one?
2. Where can I buy an engine bay under cover/mud guard? Mazda service found that I didn't have one and it doesn't have the two side panels as well. :icon_e_sad: . Mazda are charging £500 for that...
3. The Tire Pressure Warning Light is on, if I buy the valves, would a tire shop be able to put them on? Would that fix the issues or would I need some recalibrating?
4. Antifreeze is very confusing these day, the manual says FL22 however the at the Mazda service they put in CL005... I can't find either when I search on CarEuroParts. I assume I shouldn't mix anti freezes?
5. On the Engine Oil front CarEuroParts gives me both 5W-30 and 0W-30. Mazda put in 0W-30 C2/C3 specifically the Helix Ultra. Again I assume I shouldn't mix oils and stick to the same?
6. Anything else I should do to keep the car healthy and hopefully long lasting?
7. Lastly Is this the best MPS forum :icon_e_biggrin: ?

Thanks all! As you can tell I'm quite enthused with the car.

Post subject: Re: NEW Mazda 3 MPS Owner
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:51 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Bhp: 400
Colour: Black Mica
1. Its recommended to reduce engine movement, smoother gear changes and wheel hop.

2.second hand market

3.tyre valves can be fitted by any tyre repair shop i would have said. Unsure on calibrating the new valve to the car, maybe best for mazda with that.

4. Unsure on antifreeze.

5. Engine oil varies, when mine was stock I ran 5w30, never had any issues.

6. Regular servicing same as any car really

7. It was the best forum, but as you can tell its quietened down alot recently on here, think its gone more to the Facebook group for it.

Enjoy your mps ownership, some of us still use this place dont worry

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: NEW Mazda 3 MPS Owner
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:11 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 0
Thanks Jaykaddz for the response very helpful.

1. I'll leave the Rear Engine Mount for now, as I've read there is a settling in period and I don't drive the car enough for that.
2. Bought the two side panels and undertray from P-UK (also know as Prasco) and fitted it in, not official Mazda but fits the car perfectly, has reduced the engine noise. Approximately £50 - 60, had to buy the fixtures from eBay, used new ones for Nissan Qashqai.
3. Tyre shop will charge me about £60 to swap them around so will do that at some point in time, warning sign on dash is a bit annoying.
4. I realise now that you don't need to top up antifreeze regularly (after speaking with Mazda). My previous car I needed to top up quite a bit, even after I had repaired the leaks, must still of had an issue.
5. I'll just buy 0W-30 C2/C3 Helix Ultra, when I can.
6. Yep will be doing a minor service next year.
7. Yea it does seems quite quite around these here parts, again thanks for the response.

I've restored the leather and cleaned the seats from stains. There were some emission leaks from the the exhaust system, nothing to worry about but I've got that fixed for £30. I've was thinking about buy a Corksport steering wheel as the stock one doesn't have much meat on it, costs around £400... ended up buy a £15 cover from Amazon, has beefed it up a bit.

Found my jack compartment had water in it, looks like the rear light fixture was loose, have tightened it, monitoring the situation.

Some other questions I had:
8. It seems Mazda 3 MPS naturally runs rich, is there a way of changing that? As my exhausts are blackening up.
9. Do all BL's have a blue light in the footwell? Mine has it on the doors and above the gear stick but not the wells, not sure if it's in later years that it was added.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]