Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: new owner
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:27 am 

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 300
lbf·ft: 0
Colour: Velocity Red Metallic
Hi Guys, ive just bought my first MPS, so I thought id join your club and introduce myself.
Im Tony and live in South Wales.
I have a question though.
over the years I have owned an FQ300, GTO twin turbo, R33GTS-T, Brabus ml and an RX7 twin turbo with a full Apexi rebuild and mod list, but none of these scare the shit out of mechanics like the MPS does. WHY?
the engine cant be that bad, Ford bought it and put it in all of their eco-boost Mustangs. My mate has an eco-boost and the only differences we could find are the turbo and intercooler are slightly bigger and the timing chain is different. everything else is exactly the same.!

any ideas!

tony

Post subject: Re: new owner
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:19 pm 
Global Moderator

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 549
lbf·ft: 449
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Likely just down to nit being overly familiar with them perhaps. Some Mazda dealerships eve struggle to give you the correct information about the MPS lol.

I'd like to think that the Mustangs calibration and engine internals have been somewhat improved further.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

2010 MPS3 Mk2 Forged / Sleeved Engine, CS Cams and Crower Valve Springs, BNR S4 Turbo, HTP 3.5" Intake, HPFP Internals, 2050psi Fuel Rail Relief Valve, JMF Intake Manifold, DNP Exhaust Manifold, Dual OCC Setup, Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust, Airtec FMIC, Port Methanol Injection ..... Tuning in progress with a goal of 480-500bhp :-)

Post subject: Re: new owner
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Bhp: 256
lbf·ft: 280
Colour: True Red Solid
tonyd33 wrote:
Hi Guys, ive just bought my first MPS, so I thought id join your club and introduce myself.
Im Tony and live in South Wales.
I have a question though.
over the years I have owned an FQ300, GTO twin turbo, R33GTS-T, Brabus ml and an RX7 twin turbo with a full Apexi rebuild and mod list, but none of these scare the shit out of mechanics like the MPS does. WHY?
the engine cant be that bad, Ford bought it and put it in all of their eco-boost Mustangs. My mate has an eco-boost and the only differences we could find are the turbo and intercooler are slightly bigger and the timing chain is different. everything else is exactly the same.!

any ideas!

tony

Welcome to the club, where about in south wales u from?

Now Sold...Mk1 3 MPS Aero Facelift;-Corksport Stage 2 SRI+TIP//Forge BPV V2//Custom 2nd Cat & Resonator Delete//Cp-e REM 60a//SF Ssp//Kinugawa Banjo Bolt//Rear Tints//6k H-Lights//L.E.D.S//Shell Helix Ultra 5W 40//K&N Oil Filter//Goodyear Eagle f1 asymmetric 3's//

*Gone but not forgotten; moist silver mazda 6 mps*

**Winners only do what losers dont**

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]