Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Hi everybody..
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 pm 

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
I've just bought a 2007 6 MPS with 41k and fsh. I'm very pleased with it. Certainly the best car I've ever owned, but nowhere near the most expensive! I've got it booked in for a complete anti-rust treatment as although the car has always been serviced and well kept, nobody ever paid much attention to the underneath, so it's not pretty. Nothing serious but overdue a good Waxoyl or similar.
The aircon condenser needs replacing as the previous owner didn't see the point of having it fixed. I just can't stand the idea of something not working correctly and anyway, who wants to be hot & sweaty when you don't need to be?

After the first week of very enjoyable use I had an issue with the engine light coming on PO138 O2 sensor high voltage bank 1 Sensor 2. I cleared it and it hasn't occurred again but I think I need to change the sensor anyway since it's not exactly an expensive part.

I'm in the Brighton area. Can anyone recommend someone to replace condenser, O2 sensor and also change transmission oils? It's a bit stiff when going into 2nd and cold; much better after a mile or two. So I think it's worth changing the transmission oil anyway. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Hi everybody..
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:56 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
It's not usually the condensor that goes, it is usually the pipe work to it that rusts away. The front end has to come off so not a cheap fix. Probably the reason why it wasn't fixed and the car having a sun roof reduces the need anyway.

Be careful you get the correct O2 sensor. The secondary one after the cat is much cheaper than the primary one.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]