Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Newly Proud owner of a Mazda 6 MPS
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:41 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 256
lbf·ft: 0
Colour: Velocity Red Metallic
As the topic announces I am now the proud owner of a metallic red MPS.

I've researched this car for over a year now, and I just couldn't resist owning one, I teased myself none stop with it, and in the end, I just had to buy one.

I looked up some cars on gumtree and found a suitable one from a garage, I checked it out and had a drive, and I made the purchase.

First thoughts are that it has plenty of power, wow! I think I'm in 5th and 6th gear for about everything I normal needed 3rd or 4th gear in my Mazda 6 Tamura total, beast.

For an 11-year-old car, the bodywork and under work is really good, a few tiny chips and scrapes around, but on parts I can replace easily, Its rock solid in the corners and the steering feels great, Clearly a careful owner previous.

I'll be cruising around Lincolnshire area, Bourne mainly, I've not seen many MPS in the area, Give a honk if you see me on the roads.

I'll add some pictures when I get time.

I look forward to seeing what the owners club has to offer, and I have a few questions to ask in the relevant areas also.

Happy driving MPS owners

Post subject: Re: Newly Proud owner of a Mazda 6 MPS
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:52 am 
RM BIK

Vehicle: other
Bhp: 430
lbf·ft: 395
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Hello and welcome.
Congratulations on your new car.
Great cars, especially with how cheap they are now.

100% Meth / Fully forged / ACT 6 Puc & lightweight flywheel / monlar rods / wiseco pistons / arp studs / Versatune / corksport FMIC / Garrett GTX3076 / Brock Injector seals / Autotechs / Dreadnought & Juggernaut / GT RARB / Speedline front lower struts / Speedline lateral struts / corksport front braces / corksport rear upper braces / CS side braces /H&R springs / Bilstein B8's / CS BBK / Rear EBC Yellowstuff / JBR 5mm spacers / JBR OCC / Forge V2 / AWR 80a REM / 3" DP / Jetex / 3.25" Sure intake / Sure BSD / SURE TIG / Butterfly delete / EGR blockoff / Hel brake lines / Xcarlink / kendo SSP & Bushes / Step colder NGK 0.6mm gap / Fog and Driving light HID's / MKii alloys
Build thread http://tinyurl.com/otzp6qw
Helpful threads http://tinyurl.com/kjykgbd
http://www.ThroughTheLensMedia.co.uk
AVOID TOTAL MPS http://www.mpsowners.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=20073

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:40 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 0
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Welcome along.
Did you buy locally or did you have to travel?

One word of warning - Do not labour the MPS engine (wide throttle position and low revs) espcially in the higher gears, tempting though it is. That torque has destroyed some MPS engines especially badly tuned ones

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:29 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 256
Colour: Velocity Red Metallic
Thanks for the replies guys, No I didn't buy locally, I got mine from Burton on Trent about 2hours from here, but that just means i had a good drive back.

I understand what you're saying about the boost, yes I agree and read about the turbo needs to be treated with care, and I can understand why its got heaps of boost. I am a farmer so I understand a bit about the engine and how they should sound etc. Plus I have done quite a bit of research into these Mazdas before I bought one, So I understand their weaknesses.

Saying that my test drive was sweet, and there were no noises at all. Then when I took her home, about 15-20 minutes into the drive at higher speeds around 50-70mph on the dual carriageway, I noticed a high pitch humming noise coming from the central drive shafts transfer box area, Sounded like a bearing getting hot, but not from a wheel. is this a normal 4WD noise, or do i have a bearing gone?.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]