Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: To buy or not to buy!!
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Hi everyone,

I am looking at buy a 2012 3 mps it has FSH and current mot iv heard good and bad things about these cars, i would like peoples personal opinions on the car have you had any issues with turbos ect which is what i hear does get bashed alot are thry as good as you expected in everyway?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: To buy or not to buy!!
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Colour: Black Mica
I bought mine in August last year and have had nothing but a smile on my face when driving it!

Only problem I've had with mine is that the CD player stopped working, but mines a 2008 model so a different unit to the 2012 one.

Have you test driven one yet?

P.s. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

2008 MK1 3MPS Black - J-Tuned (VersaTuner), Custom Powerflow Turbo Back Exhaust, Autotech HPFP, K&N Typhoon, CP-E TMIC, JBR Short Shift Plate, Clear rear fog, LED side lights, Triple R front splitter, HEL Braided brake lines, MTEC grooved discs, EBC Yellow stuff pads

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:15 pm 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkII
Colour: Crystal White Pearl
Same as shcKr- I bought my 2012 3 MPS 3 months ago and love it. The shove in 3rd and 4th makes me grin like the Cheshire Cat! :D As long as the car has full history involving oil changes ( correct type and on time ) then you should be fine. I haven't heard anything bad about the Mk2s . Stick some good tyres on it, maybe a better panel filter , and remove the 2nd cat to make it sound beefier and you'll be laughing! :) Oh and they're quite rare so more unique .. had quite a few people asking what it was and "is it sporty"? :D Just a tad! :ihih:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:33 pm 
Senior

Bhp: 459
lbf·ft: 480
Colour: True Red Solid
If your in the market for a mk2. One of the best examples are for sale on here by a member jamesg. Anyone who knows james will tell you the car has been well looked after and only the best products have gone into and onto it. Might be worth finding his fs post and dropping him a message

Wisseco pistons, Manley h beam rods, Arp main stud kit, Arp head stud kit, Fidanza ali flywheel, Cpe Balance shaft delete, Damond Egr delete kit, Inlet manifold butterfly delete, Coolent bypass, Cpe injector seals, Htp 3" intake, Aem cone filter, Bnr stage4 turbocharger, Grimspeed 3port bcs, Bosch 3bar map sensor, Ngk 1 step colder, 3" catless downpipe, 2nd decat delete, Cxracing custom pipes, Treadstone tr8 fmic, Sure short shift kit, Mme solid shifter bushes, Custom 676g gear knob, Xspower manifold, Devils own meth injection, Forge recirc valve, Autotech hpfp, Jbr thermal intake gasket, Hel stainless lines, Rear defuser, jbr air dam, Mk2 alloys, Versatuner.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:54 pm 

Colour: Black Mica
gronow89 wrote:
If your in the market for a mk2. One of the best examples are for sale on here by a member jamesg. Anyone who knows james will tell you the car has been well looked after and only the best products have gone into and onto it. Might be worth finding his fs post and dropping him a message

His for sale thread is here - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23511

2008 MK1 3MPS Black - J-Tuned (VersaTuner), Custom Powerflow Turbo Back Exhaust, Autotech HPFP, K&N Typhoon, CP-E TMIC, JBR Short Shift Plate, Clear rear fog, LED side lights, Triple R front splitter, HEL Braided brake lines, MTEC grooved discs, EBC Yellow stuff pads

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:15 pm 
Non Member

shcKr- wrote:
I bought mine in August last year and have had nothing but a smile on my face when driving it!

Only problem I've had with mine is that the CD player stopped working, but mines a 2008 model so a different unit to the 2012 one.

Have you test driven one yet?

P.s. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Thanks for your reply, No i havent test driven one yet as there so rare its trying to find one local so its easy viewing ect.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:16 pm 
Non Member

Thanks for everyone reply, and thanks for the link i shall drop him a message.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS6
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
Rarity is a bonus. It`s a good feeling especially when you have this forum to fall back on if you have any issues. In fact I would always check out this forum before doing anything to my car. Their is a mine of information especially if you join up. Best £20 you will ever spend.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:05 pm 
Senior

Bhp: 459
lbf·ft: 480
Foster12345 wrote:
Thanks for everyone reply, and thanks for the link i shall drop him a message.

Also i just read his add, for the price im shocked it hasnt sold in day one of advertising. I know james and know its an awesome well looked after car. I wasnt aware it had so many handling/braking mods. I bet it handles really well.

Wisseco pistons, Manley h beam rods, Arp main stud kit, Arp head stud kit, Fidanza ali flywheel, Cpe Balance shaft delete, Damond Egr delete kit, Inlet manifold butterfly delete, Coolent bypass, Cpe injector seals, Htp 3" intake, Aem cone filter, Bnr stage4 turbocharger, Grimspeed 3port bcs, Bosch 3bar map sensor, Ngk 1 step colder, 3" catless downpipe, 2nd decat delete, Cxracing custom pipes, Treadstone tr8 fmic, Sure short shift kit, Mme solid shifter bushes, Custom 676g gear knob, Xspower manifold, Devils own meth injection, Forge recirc valve, Autotech hpfp, Jbr thermal intake gasket, Hel stainless lines, Rear defuser, jbr air dam, Mk2 alloys, Versatuner.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:16 pm 
Non Member

Bhp: 317
lbf·ft: 326
Hopefully you end up in a good one ;)

Finally Purchased May 2015- 3 MPS Mk1 Aero Facelift Crystal White Pearl~ Sure Aeros Intake and TIP/GReddy TI-C 3" Catback/Cobb AP v3/J-Tune Rev5/Autotech HPFP Internals/GFB TMS Respons BOV/Heko Wind Deflectors/Cobb Shift Knob/Torque Solutions Solid Shifter Bushings/Dewipered Rear window/Uprated Xenon's/HID Main/Interior LED Conversion/RallyFlapz and Plenty Purple Bits............ Made 317bhp (270whp) and 326lb/ft at the national meet May 2016 ****** Currently ZZB, Will rebuild over time

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:46 am 
MPSOC Member

Bhp: 256
lbf·ft: 280
:welcome: along :thumbs:

Now Sold...Mk1 3 MPS Aero Facelift;-Corksport Stage 2 SRI+TIP//Forge BPV V2//Custom 2nd Cat & Resonator Delete//Cp-e REM 60a//SF Ssp//Kinugawa Banjo Bolt//Rear Tints//6k H-Lights//L.E.D.S//Shell Helix Ultra 5W 40//K&N Oil Filter//Goodyear Eagle f1 asymmetric 3's//

*Gone but not forgotten; moist silver mazda 6 mps*

**Winners only do what losers dont**

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS2
Bhp: 115
lbf·ft: 106
Colour: Cosmic Blue Mica
Hi and welcome to MPSOC :mpsoc:

Like most cars and forums you hear plenty of bad but don't worry yourself. The majority of MPS are very reliable. You hear issues because a lot of folk tune them and as we all know tuning cars tend to harm the reliability lol

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:21 pm 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkII
Bhp: 270
Welcome to the forum! :mpsoc:

i love my mps, great car!!

Saving up for: Corksport REM Inserts

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]